Application and Final Registration Requirements for International Students Applying for Graduate Programmes (Guideline for the international applicants on Application & Registration process and information about the required documents)
*Application Process: (First Step)
Graduate programs are open for two semesters ( the Fall/Spring) pear year. In the Fall, between the date of 15 Dec.-15 Jan. and in the Spring 15 Jul.-15 August the exact date web site. Therefore, candidates must check the website and academic calendar. In order to have their applications considered, applicants must upload the documents listed below to the online application system, and meet the specified requirements.
Required documents for application to the Graduate Programmes
• Copy of Undergraduate Degree and/or Master’s Degree Diploma
• Approved Turkish translation of the Undergraduate Degree and/or Master’s Degree Diploma (from an embassy or accredited translator)
• Copy of the Undergraduate Degree and/or Master’s Degree Transcription
• Approved Turkish translation of the Undergraduate Degree and/or Master’s Degree Transcription (from an embassy or accredited translator)
• B2 Level of Turkish Language Proficiency Examination Result certificate
(Candidates who have graduated from any State Universities in Turkey are not required to submit a Turkish Proficiency Certificate)
• Diploma Equivalency Certificate (If available)
• Recognition of the applicant’s previous university degree (Candidates must obtain the ‘Okul Tanıma Yazısı’ document from the higher Education Council, YÖK)*
• When applying to a Master’s Degree Programme, a foreign language qualification is not required.
• When applying to a Doctorate/Proficiency in Art Programme; candidates must upload to the application system their Foreign Language Examination Result certificate for a Foreign Language Examination (YDS-min. 55 pts) or International Foreign Language Examination (TOEFL IBT-min. 66 pts) which is accepted by the council of the Student Selection and Placement Centre (ÖSYM)
• When applying to Graduate Programmes, an Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam (ALES) certificate is not required.
• When applying to the Institute of Social Sciences Master’s Degree Programmes the language of instruction is 100% English;
*Candidates must upload to the application system their Foreign Language Examination Result certificate for the Foreign Language Examination (YDS – min.70pts) or International Foreign Language Examination (TOEFL IBT- min.84 pts) which is accepted by the council of the Student Selection and Placement Centre (ÖSYM).
Required documents for Final Registration (Step 2/After Acceptance)
Applicants who are eligible for final registration must submit the items listed below when they register for their graduate programmes. Registration must take place within the dates determined in the academic calendar for Graduate Programmes.
• A letter of application for registration
• 2 Photographs (4.5 x 6 cm, taken within the previous 6 months)
• Turkish Residence Permit (if available)
• Approved Turkish translation of their Undergraduate Degree and/or Master’s Degree Diploma (from an embassy or accredited translator)
Turkish Proficiency Certificate
The B2 Level Turkish Proficiency Certificates which are accepted by the Council of Institutes are listed below:
• Turkish Proficiency Certificate from Akdeniz University TÖMER
• Turkish Proficiency Certificate from the Turkish Language Teaching Research and Application Centres of Turkish State Universities
• Turkish Proficiency Certificate awarded by the Yunus Emre Institutions
• Turkish Proficiency Certificate awarded by TÖMER
Foreign Language Proficiency Certificate
The Foreign Language Proficiency Equivalencies* for Master’s Degree Programmes in which the language of instruction is 100% English, and for all Doctorate Programmes are listed below:
• YDS (Foreign Language Examination, min. 55 pts.
(For the Institute of Social Sciences, min.70 pts.)
• TOEFL IBT (min.66 Pts.)
(For the Institute of Social Sciences, min.84 pts.)
• CAE (C Level)
( For the Institute of Social Sciences, B Level.)
• CPE (C Level)
• PEARSON PTE (min. 50 pts.)
* The Minimum level of Language Proficiencies for institute can vary in accord with decisions taken by the Council of Institutes.
The Annual tuition fee for graduate programmes in Akdeniz University is 928.00 TL for the 2018/2019 academic year. If there is any change in payment, it will be announced.
There is a possibility for international students that 1 semester of accommodation can be provided in the Kemer Underwater Research center. Also, the university’s dormitory facilities are available at an affordable price.